Thursday, February 10, 2011

My "Y" Story

The following are real stories from students we serve at the Community Development YMCA...

The YMCA is a fun place to learn because we get to play games, pick our own clubs, and have water day with a huge waterslide. When we make good choices we get y-dollar store. I love the YMCA so much that I want to tell you about my story. The YMCA is a place where we have math, literacy, and stations to have fun. - Jamie S.

I like the YMCA because we had a water slide at school one day. We got to play, swim, and blow bubbles. We ate watermelon and brought a change of clothes. Water day was so much fun and I can’t wait till next year. - Jocelyn C.

I think the YMCA is a fun place for kids. You get to have fun while they help you with homework. Last summer I went to camp and I really loved riding the horses. My horse’s name was Bullet and he was really fast. The teachers are cool, active and really care about me. - Unknown

The YMCA is a special place for me because we learn how to do new stuff and explore all the subjects. One day I got a Student of the Week award and my mom and dad were so proud of me. - Unknown

To me, the YMCA is a place for learning about math, reading and writing. It’s also because I used to not get good math grades. When I came to the YMCA I started passing my tests. In reading I was in the middle of 3rd grade and now I’m in the middle of 4th. I used to write so sloppy that I couldn’t read my own writing. This is why I love the YMCA! Homework has been a lot easier now too. - Tais G.

I started the YMCA when I was in second grade. At first I didn’t know anyone but as I got to know the other kids we became friends. I don’t have a lot of friends on my street at home so it was really nice to have them to talk to and do my homework with. We have a lot of fun activities to do if we are good like movie nights, playing the Wii if we get Student of the Week, raffle prizes and clubs. - Jocelyn E.

The YMCA is a fun place to make true friends. That’s why we need people to donate money to the YMCA. So if you’re a millionaire and you’re reading this please give us money. - Diana C.

This is the best program that I have ever come to. It is a place to fill your brain with things to make you smart and care for other people. The YMCA makes reading fun for me and it takes me less time to do my homework. - Oscar M.

In the YMCA I learned how to build a car out of Legos. First we learned about the inside of a car and how it works. Then we made our cars and they came to life. I really like cars so this really made me happy. - Luis O.

When I think of the YMCA I am happy and grateful. In the YMCA we get to play Recreation where I can learn new games. One of my favorites is a soccer relay. Its fun to meet new friends and find out that we like the same things. The program leaders help us with our homework and projects that we have. We also have healthy lessons on Fridays - Brian C.

My mom put me in the YMCA so I could meet more people, have more friends, and be more active so I’m not sitting at home watching TV all the time. She also put me in the YMCA so they could help me with homework and make sure that I am safe. - Jo-Jo H.

I come to the YMCA everyday because it is fun. It is full of lessons and activities that we can learn from. The YMCA is cool because you learn science, computers, art, math, and music. The YMCA is super fun for sportsmanship games like basketball and kickball. This is why the YMCA is important to me. - Samantha G.

This is my story… the YMCA is fun for me. I come everyday after school. The YMCA is very safe for us kids. So far the YMCA is my best friend. It is a big opportunity for my classmates and me. It is good for growing too. You also get to learn great things that help you in life. I think I am going to be famous some day. It is very cool to me. - Olivia B.

When I come to the YMCA it is fun and interactive. The team leaders are so fun and you can tell that they care about us. When I went to Camp Oakes I was so scared when I got there. The counselors were so nice and welcoming that I forgot about all my fears. I made so many friends there and I can’t wait to go again next year. - Eilyn M.


No comments:

Post a Comment